University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Psychology Building Life Safety Corrections
Consultant: General Energy Corporation, Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Friday May 26, 2006
The psychology building is defined as a high-rise building and is required to be protected by an automatic sprinkler system; currently, the building is non-sprinklered. The existing fire alarm system has multiple deficiencies and does not provide proper audibility throughout the building. The system is outdated and no longer serviced by the manufacturer. The work done on this project will focus on these two major deficiencies, and other priority items in select areas of the building. It will be necessary to replace select ceilings and upgrade lighting due to the nature of this work.
Replacing existing fire alarm system with a new addressable system.
Providing sprinkler protection for building.
Replacing existing non-rated doors in mechanical spaces.
Replacing doors with proper fire rated doors or doors of proper swing.
Replacing existing exit signage and add new signs as required.
Providing adequate emergency lighting for building.
Providing adequate stairwell lighting.
Removing all obstructions from the egress system.
Providing new standpipe caps.
Replacing spline ceilings and upgrading lighting in affected areas.
Project Area: 156,230 GSF
Project Budget: $4,000,000
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday June 16, 2006:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Tony Battaglia (AMBattag@uiuc.edu, 217-333-8262)
1501 S. Oak Street
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).