University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Library - Replace Air Handling Units and Controls
This project was cancelled.
Friday May 26, 2006
The main library building was constructed under several phases beginning in 1924 with additions "first" through "fifth" being completed by 1939; additional stack additions were added in 1927, 1968, and 1982. Other major additions include "sixth" addition in 1958, a "seventh" addition in 1962 and the air conditioning center in 1967 and its addition in 1968.
Much of the original equipment still serves most of the building systems, and is well beyond its life expectancy, and needs replaced. Most of the original AHUS were heating only systems (some have added cooling coils) with return air. Other items needing addressed are indoor air quality, including major duct cleaning, lack of adequate make-up air, inadequate and inefficient humidity control, lack of energy recovery systems, system distribution and control deficiencies.
This project will first complete a comprehensive plan for phased equipment replacement to the extent of available funding. This will include evaluating and prioritizing equipment replacement, determining the most efficient solution to the known deficiencies, and a phased execution plan, which will be coordinated with existing building operational requirements and an anticipated master plan.
The scope of work will include replacement of existing air handling units, controls, and necessary support systems. New fresh air inlets, duct changes, energy recovery, and other related components will be included in the evaluation and prioritization process. Ducting changes will likely be needed concurrent with air handling unit replacements and coordinated so as to implement an energy recovery system.
Project Area: 533,662 GSF
Project Budget: $2,000,000
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday June 16, 2006:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Jean Ascoli (JLAscoli@uiuc.edu, 217-244-9013)
1501 S. Oak Street
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).