University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Utility Piping Retainer Contract
A decision was reached that these services were no longer required.
Monday April 17, 2006
A consultant will be selected to provide professional services on an open-ended work order basis for the fiscal year beginning July 13, 2006, and ending June 30, 2007, with options to renew the contract (and provisions for the adjustment of the consultant's hourly rate schedule in conjunction therewith) for three additional one-year periods.
Underground Utility Piping Services required under this contract include, but are not limited to, the engineering planning, analysis, and design of underground steam, steam condensate, chilled water, compressed air piping systems, and potable water; including interfaces with existing distribution systems, identification of existing utilities, route finding, structural enclosures, shut-off valves, thermal expansion mechanisms, steam condensate systems, air relief valves, utility locating devices, excavations, borings, building utility entrance stations, traffic control, and the computer modeling of chilled water, steam, condensate, and compressed air distribution systems.
Services will be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. There will be a limit of a $1,000,000 project budget or $100,000 in fees for any single assignment to the Professional Services Consultant. However, there is no guarantee that any work will be assigned.
The ability to provide a full range of professional services under the contract is also required; including program analysis, preliminary design, final design (construction documents), procurement (bidding) assistance, construction administration, on-site observation, and post-construction phase services.
The scope, budget and site area as well as the services required for each individual project will be identified on individual project work orders and if appropriate, initiated under this contract.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Tuesday May 2, 2006:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Edward J. Scopel (email@example.com, 217-244-0522)
1501 S. Oak
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm.
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted.
- Prior experience with projects at the University level.
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000), with a maximum deductible of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000).
- Proven professional capability and prior experience in similar kinds of contracts.
- Appropriate staff size, professional disciplines, and professional/technical supervision.
- Qualifications and experience of designated lead engineer and of specific project team for all projects under this contract.
- Prior performance on completed projects for the University of Illinois projects.
- Current and projected workload on University of Illinois projects.
- Commitment and program to provide quality professional services.
- Proximity to University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign Campus.
- Minority Business Enterprise/Female Business Enterprise status of firm.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).