University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Animal Feed Processing Facility-Feasibility Study
This feasibility study is no longer needed.
Friday February 23, 2007
The animal feed processing operation that currently operates out of the facility on St. Mary's Road requires evaluation to continue to economically and efficiently meet the needs of the College when relocated from their present site because of the redevelopment of the area. A study needs at a minimum to finalize the required program and conceptualize the project cost for a replacement facility; to identify construction alternatives and cost; to document what private vendors are available, if any, and their ability to provide services and at what cost; and to document any other creative solutions and their associated economic feasibility that might be available to meet the College's needs.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday March 30, 2007:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Kevin Duff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1501 South Oak Street
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
-Section 8: MAFBE information
-Section 8A: MAFBE certification
-Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
-Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall quality of the projects submitted
- Composition of the team
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Prior experience with similar facilities
- Experience in feed mill operations, management and efficiencies
- Ability to perform cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to creatively solve problems
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).