University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Henry Administration Building Ph IV: OSAC Remodel
Consultant: McGuire Igleski & Associates, Inc., Evanston, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Wednesday February 7, 2007
This project will update the Office of University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations, an area on the first floor of the Henry Administration Building that has seen very little to no upgrades over decades. Currently, the area is viewed as outdated and unwelcoming to the student population the office serves. The remodel will help to upgrade the accessibility, architectural finishes, code compliance, and mechanical systems that serve this space. Programmatically, this space will be designed to enhance the ability of staff to meet the needs of the students they are serving in a professional manner within the context of a modern setting that students and their families have come to expect. The scope of this work is based on a successfully completed feasibility study.
Project Area: 9000 NASF
Project Budget: $1,600,000
Construction Budget: $933,323
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Thursday February 22, 2007:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Planning, Facilities & Services
1501 S. Oak Street
Attn: Jill A. Maxey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 8: MAFBE information
- Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 5 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection::
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm at the University of Illinois
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University/College level
- Overall qualifications of the proposed team of individuals and consultants
- Prior experience with project of similar scope, size and level of complexity.
- MAFBE participation
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).