University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Integrated Bioprocessing Research Laboratory
Consultant: Austin AECOM Company, Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
An amount to be determined by the CDB
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
The URL for the submittals was changed to:
Thursday March 15, 2007
This project involves providing a new interdisciplinary research facility of approximately 50,000 SF to advance bioprocessing technologies required to economically produce biomass-based fuels and chemicals.
This project will be administered by the State Capital Development Board.
Project Area:GSF: 50,000
Project Area: NASF: 35,000
Project Budget: $19.9M
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Monday April 2, 2007:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Planning Division, Facilities & Services
1501 S. Oak Street
Attn: Kevin Duff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professional services consultant submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 8: MAFBE information
- Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc).
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc.
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Composite of the proposed team
- Overall quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Prior experience with intermediate scale laboratory design for multi-stage processing that includes large equipment with large power demands and typical bench size equipment
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).