University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Mumford Hall Electrical Service Replacement
Consultant: KJWW Engineering Consultants, Rock Island, ILNumber of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Provide new 12.47kv feed from Soybean Research Center/ACES Library. Replace existing electrical service with a 750 KVA unit substation. In the transformer room, replace obsolete panel boards, check for adequate ventilation, and replace room lighting fixtures with fluorescent fixtures (T-8 lamps). Remove screening and supports (in center of room). Prepare and post electrical line diagram indicating electrical distribution throughout building. The following has been noted by Facilities and Services Engineering and should be addressed:
- The existing electrical system is fed from LC-36 at 4.16 KV. There are three existing 167 KVA single phase transformers that provide power to the entire building at 208Y/120V secondary voltage. The building electrical load is around 95% capacity.
- New electrical primary power for this building will be obtained from a 15 KV load center located, LC-62, located in ACES building. The primary service voltage will be at 12.47 KV.
- Primary cabling will be rated at 15KV 133% EPR routed in an underground duct bank to the building.
- The project will replace the existing electrical substation in the building, including but not be limited, switchboard, lights, ventilation system, secondary bus duct, and metering.
- A new one-line diagram will be created to show all circuits. However, a preliminary study might be needed to determine the existing one-line diagram for the existing building panels.
- There is no generator at this building. Fire Alarm equipment will be fed from a circuit ahead of the main switch.
- A 4 -4" PVC conduits concrete encased electrical duct bank would be required from manhole # 407C to the existing electrical room, a distance of 500 LF at the most.
- Three manholes would be required to facilitate the run between manhole #407C and the electrical service room.
- All other manholes between ACES and Munford Hall have empty ducts that can be used.
- The high voltage cable required would be a minimum of #4, 15 KV cable.
- Replacement of the existing switchboard would require that the building stay operational most of the time. However, a shut-down will be required to do the final transfer of power.
Project Area: GSF: 300
Project Budget: $500,000.00
Construction Budget: $425,000.00
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Thursday October 18, 2007:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Planning, Facilities & Services
1501 South Oak Street
Attn: Anthony M. Battaglia (firstname.lastname@example.org)(217)333-8262
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest and
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 8: MAFBE information
- Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit five (5) packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://przm.apps.uillinois.edu/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of firm, proposed staff and consultants at the University of Illinois
- Prior experience of the proposed project staff in the design and construction of projects with similar scope, size and level of complexity
- Overall design quality of the relevant projects submitted
- Overall qualifications of the proposed team of individuals and consultants
- Prior experience at the University / College level
- MAFBE Participation
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).