University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Everitt Lab Electrical Systems Replacement
Consultant: Environmental Systems Design, Inc., Chicago, ILNumber of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Monday, October 29, 2007
This project involves the following: replace existing electrical service with a unit substation; replace obsolete panel boards; check for adequate ventilation; replace incandescent lighting fixtures with fluorescent fixtures (T-8 lamps); remove unused transformers; remove old patch panels and re-feed lab panels from new distribution panel where necessary and possible; and prepare and post electrical line diagram indicating electrical distribution throughout building. Professional service consultant to coordinate project plan with department needs, determine needed electrical capacity and any needed project phasing after discussions with department, to survey and map existing electrical circuits.
Project Area: GSF: 1000
Project Area: NASF: N/A
Project Budget: $ 1,000,000
Construction Budget: $ 869,000
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Thursday November 15, 2007:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Planning, Facilities & Services
1501 S. Oak Street
Attn: Anthony M. Battaglia (firstname.lastname@example.org) (217)333-8262
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest and
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 7: MAFBE information
- Section 7A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Acceptance of the terms and conditions of the University of Illinois' standard Professional Service Agreement is required. The sample agreement can be downloaded from https://przm.apps.uillinois.edu/usdcc/usdccv13.nsf/Print+PSA?OpenForm
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the agreement, please call the contact person listed above prior to the submittal due date.
Firms should submit 5 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://przm.apps.uillinois.edu/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of firm, proposed staff and consultants
- Prior experience of the proposed project staff in the design and construction of similar projects
- Overall design quality of the relevant projects submitted
- Prior experience at the University / College level
- MAFBE Participation
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).