University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Housing Life Safety Code 2000 - Ph VI (ISR)
Consultant: BRiC Partnership, L.L.C., Belleville, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Monday August 13, 2007
This project is the last one in this specific series of life safety projects. University Housing requests that a Professional Services Consultant (PSC) be hired to design (permit level), bid, and administer the necessary upgrades required for life safety improvements (sprinkler and fire alarm) at Illinois Street Residence (ISR) Townsend Hall and ISR lounge building based on a previously completed feasibility study. This will include a fire suppression system and replacement or upgrade of the fire alarm system as needed. Additional scope of the work requested are finish upgrades: replacement of flooring in corridors, stairwells, lounges, and elevator lobbies in Townsend; painting student rooms and ceilings, corridors, stairwells, lounges and lobbies on Townsend floor; replacement of deadbolts on student room doors with Best deadbolts on all Townsend floors; removal of the bookshelves, tack boards and mirror, in all Townsend student rooms.
Construction will be completed over the summer of 2008.
Project Area: GSF: 134,871
Project Budget: $ 2,000,000
Construction Budget: $ 1,742,250
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Tuesday August 28, 2007:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Planning, Facilities & Services
1501 South Oak Street
Attn: Jill A. Maxey, AIA, LEED AP
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 8: MAFBE information
- Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit five (5) packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://przm.apps.uillinois.edu/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of firm, proposed staff and consultants
- Prior experience of the proposed project staff in the design and construction of similar projects.
- Overall design quality of the relevant projects submitted
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).