The selected consultant will provide professional services on an open-ended work order basis for the period beginning July 1, 2007 and ending June 30, 2008 with options to renew the contract (and provisions for the adjustment of the consultant's hourly rate schedule in conjunction therewith) for three additional one-year periods.
Natural gas engineering services required under this contract include, but are not limited to, the engineering analysis, planning, design, cost control, regulatory compliance, field survey services including leak detection surveys and construction observation, support and administration of the following:
- Natural gas transmission lines and regulating stations.
- Natural gas distribution systems, including piping and metering.
- Metering of natural gas and compressed air.
- Operation and maintenance for a natural gas transmission and distribution system.
- Regulatory compliance relating to: State of Illinois, Commerce Commission requirements including the Illinois Pipeline Safety Act, 220 IL CS 20, and Illinois Administrative Code Title 83, Parts 520, 590, 595, and 265: and United States Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, regulations including 49 CFR Par 192.
Services will be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. There would be a limit of a $1,000,000 project budget or $100,000 in fees for any single assignment to the professional services consultant. There is no guarantee that the work will be assigned.
The ability to provide a full range of natural gas engineering professional services, under the contract is also required; including program analysis, preliminary design, final design (construction documents), procurement (bidding) assistance, construction administration, construction observation, and warranty phase services.
The services required for each individual project will be identified on the individual project work order. Project areas, scopes, and budgets will be identified if, as appropriate, in the respective project work orders initiated under this contract.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Monday April 9, 2007: