Responses will be accepted at the address below until 12:00 PM, Friday May 28, 2004:
This project will consist of the construction of a new 3 story structural steel 155,110 SF East Campus Recreation Facility for the University of Illinois at Chicago. This project will ultimately involve the following components of work; site work, basement, mechanical mezzanine, pool, curtain wall glazing, structural frame (including long span elements), metal wall panels, precast, brick masonry, climbing wall and typical athletic center interior finishes. The total construction value of this project is estimated to be worth approximately $25 million.
- Bid Package 2 - Site Work, 02110 - Site Preparation, 02120 - Erosion Control, 02200 - Earthwork - $350,000
- Bid Package 3 - Foundations, 02458 - Steel H Piles - $250,000
- Bid Package 4 - Cast-in-Place Concrete, 03300 - Cast-in-Place Concrete, 07100 - Waterproofing - $1,400,000
- Bid Package 5 - Structural Steel/Pre-Cast, 03410 - Architectural Precast Concrete, 05120 - Structural Steel, l05210 - Steel Joists, 05310 - Steel Deck, 05500 - Miscellaneous Metals, 05510 - Metal Stairs, 05600 - Architectural Metals, 05720 - Ornamental Metals, 05722 - Ballet Bars - $4,000,000
- Bid Package 6 - Pool/Spa, 13150 - Swimming Pool - $800,000
- Bid Package 7 - Elevators, 14210 - Hydraulic Passenger Elevators -$170,000
Copies of the application may be obtained from the construction manager by sending a fax to (847) 214-6059 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest to the attention of Mr. Curt Baker, Assistant Project Manager. The project specific prequalification process will begin Wednesday, April 28, 2004. The prequalification deadline for bid group B is 12:00 noon prevailing time on Friday, May 28th, 2004. Prequalification applications received after the deadline will be returned unopened to the applicant. Prequalification is only required of Prime Contractors for each bid package. All applicants must be able to demonstrate adequate design capabilities, as applicable to their respective scope of work. All applicants will also be required to provide adequate bonding per the university requirements. Criteria for evaluation of applicants will include company organization, relevant work experience, volume and type of work, financial standing, planning and scheduling capabilities, safety record, affirmative action and labor compliance records, other trade specific qualifications and annual pre-qualification status with University of Illinois Chicago (for annual pre-qualification go to the University's pre-qualification website at http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu:8888/ ).
Notice of Prequalification
After the prequalification deadline, all those applicants who are prequalified for the project will be notified by the construction manager. Bid documents will be distributed by the construction manager to only those applicants who are prequalified.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)