University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Information: Student Health Insurance
The RFI opening date has been changed to September 11, 2008 at 2:00 PM. Also, see below for answers to questions from potential respondents.
The date to submitt RFIs has been extended to August 28, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
First published Thursday, July 31, 2008
Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Thursday September 11, 2008:
616 E. Green Street, Suite 212, MC-364
Modification of RFI opening date and responses to questions from potential respondents. The new opening date will be Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
Following are questions that have been asked by potential respondents:
- Question 1 - Who receives
- Answer - The office of Student Health Insurance receives all hard copy claims. Claims are imaged, tracked and processed in this office. The University maintains both the hard copy and imaged records.
- Question 2 -Who manages subrogations?
- Answer - The Student Health Insurance office handles all subrogations.
- Question 3 -Who manages inpatient pre-certification, medical necessity and utilization review?
- Answer - The University does not have a pre-cert on the plan. All reviews/appeals are first issued through the Student Health Insurance office. Appeals that need to be reviewed further based on plan policy are forwarded to the underwriter.
- Question 4 - What is the staffing model of the UIUC SHIP office (the numbers of staff dedicated to claims, customer service and other responsibilities)?
- Answer - Currently there is a staff of ten. There are three in the front office (customer service), one imaging/claims tracking processor, one re-pricing with PHCS/Multiplan, three claims processors, one in accounts/reporting, and one supervisor.
- Question 5 - When the UIUC SHIP office makes a claims payment, the check/EOB is mailed from the carrier, correct? (This was referenced in the RFI, but we just want to clarify.)
- Answer - Incorrect, all claims payments, checks and Explanation of Benefits are sent from the Student Health Insurance office.
For additional information, contact:
Submit 6 copies of the response as defined in the specifications.
Proposal documents may be obtained by contacting the Purchasing Office.