Western Illinois University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Design Services - Chiller Replacements
Any award will be through the Capital Development Board and not the University.
First published Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 1:30 PM, Wednesday January 19, 2011:
Attn: Michael Hott
Grigsby Physical Plant
One University Circle
The University is seeking architectural and engineering services to replace three existing air conditioning units. Three existing Liebert air conditioners are past their life expectancy. The units service failures have increased the likelihood of shutting down the University data center. The project includes the design to replace the existing units with four new units which will provide a new HVAC system with redundancy capabilities.
Firm submittals shall include a design team with expertise to provide design for the data center's new HVAC system and Brophy Hall chiller replacement through construction documents; provide a study which evaluates HVAC and electrical loads of the data center's existing equipment and offers any necessary equipment layout modifications (approximate size of room 96' x 30' = 2,700 sq ft); provide professional services during the bidding process; and, provide oversight (observation/on-site representation) during construction.
For additional information contact:
- Michael Hott
Submittals of qualification shall include:
- A copy of Capital Development Board prequalification of all team members who are performing architectural, engineering or land surveying professional services.
- CDB Standard Form 255.
- Examples of projects of a similar nature including project estimates and actual construction costs, provide an owner contact person for each example.
- Additional information you feel may be useful.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 3 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.