Western Illinois University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Design Services for Renovation of Res Hall Lobbies
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: Mackey Mitchell Architects, St. Louis, MO
Amount: An amount not to exceed $100,000
An estimated start date of 12/21/2011 through 12/31/2015
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Thursday, July 28, 2011
The University is seeking design services and construction administration for the renovation of six Residence Hall lobbies including Thompson, Bayliss, Henninger, Tanner, Lincoln, and Washington Halls. Project time period is a minimum of two years. The Residence Halls are occupied by WIU students, thus this project will be completed in phases so demo and construction does not impact residents or activities. Additional coordination is necessary since other types of remodeling or maintenance projects are scheduled to occur within these facilities. Renovation budget availability is approximately $50,000 for each Residence Hall.
Current lobbies' finish material, reception desks, and ancillary support components are past their life expectancy and the University plans to update and make these Residence Hall lobby environments more appealing, sustainable and aesthetically enhanced.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 1:30 PM, Monday August 22, 2011:
Western Illinois University
Mr. Michael A. Hott
1 University Circle
A/E fees shall include the following:
- Study to evaluate requirements
- Development and completion of construction documents
- Professional services during bidding processes
- Firm oversee (observation/on-site representation) during all periods of construction
Submittal of qualifications must include:
- CDB Standard Form 255
- Examples of projects of a similar nature, including project estimates and actual construction costs. Provide owner's contact person for each example to assist reference checks.
- Additional information you feel may be useful.
For additional information contact:
- Michael Hott
- 309/298-1834 x249
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 3 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.