Western Illinois University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Campus Space Study & Programming Update
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: RATIO Architects, Inc., Champaign, IL
Amount: An estimated $158,000
An estimated start date of 1/5/2014 through 12/31/2014
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Western Illinois University is seeking professional services for a two part study to be performed on the Macomb, IL campus. Part A is a space study of the academic spaces on campus. Part B is for the update of the Science Building programming study from 2007. Both parts will be awarded under one single contract.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Wednesday October 2, 2013:
227 Sherman Hall
1 University Circle
The Campus Space Study (Part A) is to be completed by a firm that specializes in campus space planning and utilization. The study will evaluate the non-residential space on campus, measure the utilization of space, compare utilization to typical norms, and provide recommendations to improve utilization. A listing of WIU buildings is attached.
The Science Building Programming Update (Part B) is to be completed by an architectural firm that specializes in university science buildings. The results from Part A will be used along with information from campus departments to update the 2007 Science Building basic programming study. This information will be used in the University's Capital RAMP submission for FY2016.
Submittal of qualifications must include:
- Submit 3 hard copies and 1 electronic copy (on flash drive)
- One page summary of why your firm should be considered for selection on this particular project
- Minimum of three relevant recent references
- Standard Form 255 including financial disclosures and conflicts of interest
- A copy of the firm's CDB prequalification letter
- Current Board of Elections registration form
- Examples of projects of a similar nature, including project estimates and actual construction costs. Provide an owner contact person for each example.
- Any additional information you feel may be useful
For additional information contact:
- Scott Coker, Facilities Management
- 309/298-1834 x277
State Purchasing Officer - Tom Sestak
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
- There is no BEP goal for this procurement.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.