Western Illinois University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Design Services for Hanson Field Renovations
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: DLR Group, Inc., Chicago, IL
Amount: An estimated $55,200
An estimated start date of 5/29/2014 through 12/31/2015
Initial award is for conducting a programming study. With successful completion of the study and available funding, WIU may negotiate a contract for design and construction administration services to complete selected renovation and improvement components outlined in the programming study.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Thursday, November 7, 2013
Western Illinois University is seeking design services for renovation and improvement of the press box and west side bleachers at Hanson Field on the Macomb, IL campus. Services will be provided in two parts. The first will consist of conducting a programming study with WIU staff to define scope and related budget for the project. With successful completion of the study and available funding, WIU will negotiate a contract for design and construction administration services to complete selected renovation and improvement components outlined in the programming study.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Thursday January 9, 2014:
227 Sherman Hall
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Submittal of qualifications must include:
- Submit 3 hard copies and 1 electronic copy (on flash drive)
- One page summary of why your firm should be considered for selection on this particular project
- Minimum of three relevant recent references
- Standard Form 255 including financial disclosures and conflicts of interest
- Current Illinois State Board of Elections registration form
- Examples of projects of a similar nature, including project estimates and actual construction costs. Provide an owner contact person for each example.
- Any additional information you feel may be useful
For additional information contact:
- Ted Renner, Facilities Planning & Construction
- 309/298-1834 x261
State Purchasing Officer - Tom Sestak
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
- There is no BEP goal for this procurement.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.