Western Illinois University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Energy Audit Services
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: Hanson Professional Services Inc, Springfield, IL
Amount: An estimated $200,000
An estimated start date of 4/1/2015 through 6/30/2017
Potential Future Renewals:
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Western Illinois University seeks qualified design firms to perform an energy and efficiency audit of the Macomb, IL campus, which covers approximately 400 acres and contains about 4.5 million square feet of building space. The audit will consist of analysis of various energy systems on campus, including but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, water, steam, and building envelope. The analysis will also include solutions to system inefficiencies complete with projected improvement costs and payback periods.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Friday October 17, 2014:
227 Sherman Hall
1 University Circle
Attn: Lora Lidaywa
Macomb, IL 61455
Submittal of qualifications must include:
- Submit 3 hard copies and 2 USB flash drives
- One page summary of why your firm should be considered for selection on this particular project
- Standard Form 255 including completed financial disclosures and conflicts of interest
- Minimum of three relevant recent references, preferably from institutions of higher learning
- Current Illinois State Board of Elections registration form
- Examples of projects of a similar nature, including samples of project reports, solutions, and payback analysis
- Profiles of team members responsible for conducting analysis
- Any additional information you feel may be useful
For additional information contact:
- Christopher Martin, Facilities Planning & Construction
State Purchasing Officer - Tom Sestak
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
- There is no BEP goal for this procurement.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.