Governors State University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Roof Replacement Design
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: Doyle & Associates, Chicago, IL
Amount: An estimated $290,000
An estimated start date of 4/15/2019 through 12/31/2021
This contract was negotiated and will be executed by the Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB) for a capital project on the campus of GSU.
The BEP achievement is 100% on this award.
The State Purchasing Officer for this procurement is now Nicole Krneta Rogers.
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Correction: Amendment #3 contains the form omitted from amendment #2 posted on 12-18-19.
Amendment #2 contains the GSU reference form. This form is not required, however GSU does require the submittal of a minimum of three references.
Amendment #1 posted on 12/12/2018 includes questions and answers.
First published Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Governors State University is seeking an architect or engineering firm to provide roofing design/consulting services to develop construction documents and provide construction administration, for the reroofing of three portions of the main building. This is approximately 75,500 square feet of roof. This project is on the campus of GSU, but will be managed, funded and contracted by the Capital Development Board (CDB).
The estimated cost of this total project is approximately $2,900,000.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted below until 2:00 PM, Thursday December 20, 2018:
At the following address:
One University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
GSU will only consider firms which have completed at least three projects of comparable scope and complexity.
There is a 20% BEP goal for this procurement to include Business Enterprise Program (BEP) certified minority, female and/or disability owned firms.
For current and official BEP resources, and to identify subcontractors or supplier certified within the BEP program visit:
The deadline for submission of questions is noon (CST) on December 12, 2018. All questions are only to be submitted by fax to 708-235-3970.
Minimum submittal requirements include:
- 1 page summary of why your firm should be considered for this particular project;
- CDB Standard Form 255 must be submitted
- Minimum of 3 relevant references
- Examples of projects of a similar nature, including project budget estimates and actual construction costs
For additional information, contact:
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
Phone: (708) 534-4990 Ext: 3018
FAX: (708) 235-3970
State Purchasing Officer - Nicole Krneta Rogers
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 3 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
- There is a BEP goal for this procurement. See solicitation documentation for details.
- The contract(s) for this solicitation could exceed $50,000 annually.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.