Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Consultant: Primera Engineers, LTD, Chicago, IL
Amount: An estimated $200,000
An estimated start date of 6/9/2008 through 6/30/2013
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Friday, February 15, 2008
This project, Electrical High Voltage Distribution System Improvements, Project No. 00-0000-00207, involves providing professional services consisting of prescriptive and performance improvements for existing 4160 high voltage distribution systems serving 14 major buildings at 5500 N. St. Louis Ave, and electrical service at 700 E. Oakwood Blvd., Chicago, Illinois. Services include condition inspection, load evaluation, code compliance, alternative methods, cost estimating and recommendations. Services will also include preparation of technical specifications and detailed drawings for public bidding of work and construction administration including performing site inspection and commissioning.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Wednesday March 5, 2008:
Building C, 4th Floor
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
The professional electrical engineering services consultant is to provide professional services on an open-ended basis for one fiscal year (ending on June 30 of this fiscal year) with options to renew for up to three additional fiscal year periods (July 1st through June 30th). Services shall be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. The University may select multiple consultants from this request. There is no guarantee of work to be assigned. Services shall be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period.
Estimated Project Cost
Projects are generally limited to those with project costs up to $1,000,000 or professional fees up to $100,000. Should the University select multiple consultants from this request, each consultant selected may be limited to an aggregate of $500,000 in fees per fiscal year.
All information received must be submitted on the CDB Standard Form 255 current edition, additional pages are not necessary. See CDB web page at www.cdb.state.il.us/ (see Reference Library). Do not use binders. Any incorrect, incomplete or misleading information given on the CDB 255 Form may result in the rejection of a submittal. The number of individuals licensed in Illinois is of significant importance. Submittals by a joint venture will not be considered. There will be no time extensions of the deadline and submittals may not be faxed. Questions regarding this RFI may be directed to: Robert McKenney, Northeastern Illinois University, Purchasing Department, telephone 773 442-5305.
Requirements and Related Information
Firms and their preferred consultants must be prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB) in the required areas of the scope of work. However, this project will not be administered by the Capital Development Board and all contracts will be with Northeastern Illinois University.
Northeastern Illinois University strongly encourages MBE/FBE firms to apply for selection as the contracting A/E or to seek participation in working as a consultant with another firm.
Firms meeting the following minimum qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) with a minimum deductible of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000)
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Experience with a range of 4160V electrical maintenance and repair project types and sizes
- Experience with multi-building electrical distribution systems
- Project team (firm and staff) qualifications
- Firm/staff capacity
- Experience with institutional clients/projects
- Experience with State of Illinois Procurement Requirements
- Proximity to Northeastern Illinois University
- MAFBE status of the professional services consultant and any consultants
For additional information, contact:
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 4 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).