Consultant: BLDD Architects, Chicago, IL
Amount: An estimated $75,000
Terms: One-time transaction
Consultant: Design Organization Inc, Chicago, ILNumber of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Amount: An estimated $75,000
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
First published Friday, January 9, 2009
Northeastern Illinois University, in accordance with Public Act 87-673, is seeking architectural and engineering firms interested in providing professional services for Professional Architectural Services for Small Projects, Project No. 00-0000-01008 at Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois 60625.
These services will include professional architectural and engineering services consisting of Program Analysis, Design Development, Bid Document Preparation, Bidding Assistance and Construction Administration for remodeling and repair of teaching, student and support spaces located at 5500 N. St. Louis Ave, and 700 E. Oakwood Blvd., Chicago, Illinois. Services include programming and site evaluation, field verification, alternative solutions, cost estimating, preparation of construction documents for public bidding, bid evaluation, construction administration and observation, commissioning, and project closeout.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Friday January 30, 2009:
Building C, 4th Floor
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
The professional architectural services consultant is to provide professional services on an open-ended basis for one fiscal year (ending on June 30 of this fiscal year) with options to renew for up to three additional fiscal year periods (July 1st through June 30th). Services shall be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. The University may select multiple consultants from this request. There is no guarantee of work to be assigned. Services shall be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period.
Estimated Project Cost
Projects are generally limited to those with project costs less than $1,000,000 or professional fees up to $100,000. Should the University select multiple consultants from this request, each consultant selected may be limited to an aggregate of $500,000 in fees per fiscal year.
Five copies of submittals must be received no later than 2 PM local time, 30 January 2009 in the Northeastern Illinois University Purchasing Department, 5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625-4699. All information received must be submitted on the CDB Standard Form 255 current edition (rev May 07), additional pages are not necessary. See CDB web page at www.cdb.state.il.us/ (see Reference Library). Do not use binders. Any incorrect, incomplete or misleading information given on the CDB 255 Form may result in the rejection of a submittal. The number of individuals licensed in Illinois is of significant importance. Submittals by a joint venture will not be considered. There will be no time extensions of the deadline and submittals may not be faxed. Technical questions regarding this QBS may be directed to Gary Bryan, Northeastern Illinois University, Facilities Management, telephone 773 442-5230
Requirements and Related Information
Firms and their preferred consultants must be prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB) in the required areas of the scope of work. However, these projects will not be administered by the Capital Development Board and all contracts will be with Northeastern Illinois University.
Firms meeting the following minimum qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an architect or engineer in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board, at the time of submittal
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Able to provide documents in an AutoCAD format
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) with a minimum deductible of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000)
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Experience with a range of higher education academic and student life projects of various types and sizes
- Experience with building remodeling and repair projects
- Project team (firm and staff) qualifications
- Firm/staff capacity
- Experience with institutional clients/projects
- Experience with the City of Chicago Building Code
- Experience with State of Illinois Procurement Requirements
- Proximity to Northeastern Illinois University
- Minority and Female Business Enterprise (MAFBE) status of the professional services consultant and any consultants
Northeastern Illinois University strongly encourages MBE/FBE firms to apply for selection as the contracting A/E or to seek participation in working as a consultant with another firm.
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
For additional information, contact:
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 5 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).