Northern Illinois University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Architect/Engineer--Roof Replacement--Neptune West
The work related to this Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS) as well as the associated construction work was completed through the Physical Plant efforts and under what was deemed emergency conditions. Therefore, we will not be selecting a firm and contracting with them.
Thursday February 15, 2007
The University is seeking a qualified architect/engineer to provide design and construction services for the roof replacement at Neptune West Dormitory, located on Main Campus, DeKalb, IL. Approximately 23,100 square feet of roof will be replaced. Services include design development, cost estimate, construction documents including detailed drawings, and specifications, reviewing bids, and construction observation while the project is under construction. The consulting architect/engineer will coordinate with NIU A & E Services Director, and Residential Facilities Director.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday March 2, 2007:
Thomas Wroblewski, Interim Director
Northern Illinois University
100 Stadium Drive
Use of the State of Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB) Standard Form 255 is required for submittal of qualifications including similar projects and references. This project will be administered by NIU, not the CDB. Supplemental information should not be submitted and will not be used in the review of qualifications.
Please ensure the following are included on the SF255:
- Project team and specific duties on the project
- Resumes of project team personnel
- Descriptions of similar, previously completed projects
- Current references including names and phone numbers
Submit the following additional information separate from the SF255:
- Evidence of prequalification with the Capital Development Board (CDB)
- Detailed information regarding current workload and availability
A selection committee has been established by the University to review those firms that indicate an interest in this project.
The committee will evaluate all submittals and recommend the preferred firms based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Successful completion of similar engineering projects
- CDB and state university experience
- Responses of references listed on CDB SF255
- Licensed to practice as an architect/engineer in the State of Illinois
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Proximity to Northern Illinois University DeKalb Campus
- MBE/FBE Status of professional services consultant and any consultants
For technical questions, contact Thomas Wroblewski at 815-753-0400. This is a QBS advertisement. Do not call Procurement Services if you have questions regarding this advertisement. This project is being handled by Thomas Wroblewski, Architectural & Engineering Services, NIU. Procurement Services is handling the advertisement only.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 5 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).