Northern Illinois University
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS): Architect/Engineer--Residential Housing Renovation
Project was never approved and the time has elapsed.
First published Monday, May 21, 2007
Northern Illinois University is requesting submittal of qualifications from interested, architectural/engineering firms to provide full professional architectural and engineering design services, including architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, ventilation, and electrical, for the renovation of several Residential Housing Units on the main campus in DeKalb, Illinois. The successful A/E firm (or firms) selected will provide professional services for one or more residential units as determined by the university. Contracts will be based on project scope and will continue through the completion of the project. The university may choose to exercise an option to renew a contract for up to three additional fiscal year periods for other similar residential housing projects.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted below until 5:30 PM, Wednesday June 6, 2007:
At the following address:
Thomas L. Wroblewski, Interim Director
Architectural & Engineering Services
Northern Illinois University
100 Stadium Drive
DeKalb, IL 60115
Additional Project Information
The first anticipated renovation project will be Gilbert Hall, an existing four-story residential housing unit. This residential unit is currently not in use.
Project Area: 78,000 GSF
The scope of services will include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Program analysis
- Preliminary design with cost estimate
- Structural evaluation
- MEP evaluation
- HVAC evaluation
- Design Development
- Preparation of construction plans and specifications for bidding with cost estimate
- Field observation during the construction
Use of the CDB Standard Form 255 is required for submittal of qualifications.
This project will be administered by NIU, not the CDB. Do not submit supplemental information. Supplemental information, if submitted will not be used in the review of qualifications.
Please ensure the following are included on the SF255:
- Project team and specific duties on the project
- Resumes of project team personnel
- Descriptions of similar, previously completed projects
- Current references including names and phone numbers
Submit the following additional information separate from the SF255:
- Letter of interest.
- Evidence of prequalification with the Capital Development Board (CDB).
- Detailed information regarding current workload, and availability of the project team identified on SF255.
A selection committee has been established by the University to review those firms that indicate an interest in this project. The committee will evaluate all submittals and recommend the preferred firms based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Successful completion of similar parking studies
- CDB and state university/higher education experience
- Responses of references listed on CDB SF255
- Minority and female business enterprise involvement
Only firms with an office located within 100 miles of NIU's DeKalb Campus will be considered.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 5 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).
This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.
The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire
qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.