Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
General Core Curriculum Classroom Building
The project is on hold at this time, pending funding. When funding sources are determined and finalized, the notice will be re-posted.
Thursday October 12, 2006
The Board of Trustees of Southern Illinois University requests letters of interest from
architects/engineers to provide professional services for the construction of a new
general core curriculum classroom building.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Thursday November 2, 2006:
108 Miles Hall 2nd Floor, MC-6813
1255 Douglas Drive
The general core curriculum classroom building is to be a student oriented educational facility built to serve the University's core educational programs. The facility will bring together core educational programs, students, and faculty in one location, resulting in an efficient use of resources by providing a new facility complete with state of the art technology that serves several functions including classrooms, library/reference rooms, labs, student lounges and study areas, auditoriums and a computer center. The facility will provide space for student courses in foundation skill, disciplinary studies, and integrative studies.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the following project related criteria will be used to evaluate the consulting firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Prior firm experience with similar projects
- Appropriate staff size and disciplines
- Prior performance of firm and its consultants with completed projects at Southern Illinois University and with other state higher educational institutions
- Participation in a minority and female business enterprise program
Firms should submit their letter of interest, documentation of qualifications, and current CEB form 255 to:
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Attn: Michael Keith
- Plant and Service Operations
- 210 Physical Plant Drive
- Carbondale, IL 62901-6727
Late submissions will not be accepted.
For additional information, contact:
Phone: (618) 453-5751
FAX: (618) 453-6714
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Submitted 6 copies of their qualifications.
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).