Description of Project
The retainer engineer will provide professional services on an open-ended basis for one fiscal year (ending on June 30 of the fiscal year) with options to renew for up to three additional fiscal year periods. The engineer must work with all University project specific/system software as required. There is no guarantee of work to be assigned. Projects are generally limited to those with project costs up to $1,000,000 or professional fees up to $100,000. Services shall be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period.
Selection may be for combined mechanical/electrical/plumbing engineer or for separate mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering contracts.
Engineering firms should submit 4 copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (use CDB SF 255 (latest version)) by Thursday, February 5, 2004 addressed to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
1140 S. Paulina Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60612-7217
ATTN: Ronald G. Giles, Director, A/E Services (email@example.com)
Description of Criteria
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
- Licensed to practice as an architect or engineer in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board, at the time of submittal
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Able to provide documents in an AutoCad format
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) with a minimum deductible of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000)