University of Illinois at Chicago
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Consultant: Design Organization, Inc.
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Thursday July 10, 2003
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday July 25, 2003:
University of Illinois
1140 South Paulina
ATTN: Ronald G. Giles, Director, A/E Services
The purpose of this project is to provide a detailed assessment of the physical condition of the Outpatient Care Center to facilitate a reclassification of the facility from a Business Occupancy to an Ambulatory Healthcare occupancy by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (as per NFPA 101 - 2000 edition of the Life Safety Code, Chapter 12, Section 12-6 - effective 9/11/03).
The final report is to include:
- a detailed analysis of the existing physical conditions and utility systems of the facility
- drawings indicating existing life safety features (occupancy separations, hazardous areas, smoke and fire rated barrier walls, vertical openings, horizontal exits, fire detection system features, fire suppression system features, etc.) and locations where life safety features will need to be added/modified for the new classification
- all recommended facility changes for the reclassification, accompanied with associated costs
- the documentation should be prepared to specific information and formats required under parts 2, 3, and 4 of the Statement of Conditions, utilized by Joint Commission of Accreditation Organization (JCAHO)
Firms should submit four copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (use CDB SF 255 as revised June 2002).
For additional information, contact:
The University Office for Facilities Planning and Programs website at:
AE Minimum Qualifications
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Licensed to practice as an Architect in the State of Illinois
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois
- Utilization of AutoCAD 2000 compatible system
For project specific criteria, please see the UOCP website.
(Submitted by designee Thomas Delanty, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).