Sealed bids will be accepted at the address below until 2:00 PM, Thursday, March 18, 2004:
The Board of Trustees of
U of Illinois Facilities Planning and Programs
hereby requests sealed bids for construction work on the
Parking C7 and C10 Repair and Rehabilitation at the Urbana campus project.
This project comprises repair and rehabilitation of two 300-car parking facilities for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois. Each parking facility consists of five supported tiers and a slab on grade. The work includes the following:
- Concrete repairs, post-tension tendon repairs, masonry and brick wall repairs, and traffic topping waterproofing.
- Installation of a new curtain wall in the east wall of each stair tower. Salvage the brick removed to finish the opened area and for fa�ade repairs around the facilities.
- Stair and garage architectural repairs including new roofing and roof accessories, hollow metal doors and frames. Provide new architectural rails, handrails, and grates.
- Provide new access ramp from street to garage Level 1 at Deck C7.
Provide new parking signs and parking stall striping.
- Repairs to existing plumbing system and providing a new water service in each garage.
- Remove existing lighting and provide a new electrical system, and lighting in the garages and stairs.
- Provide alternate prices to add architectural grills to cover wall openings.
Provide alternate prices to add painting for concrete surfaces in the garages and stairs.
The contractor will be required to phase the construction over two construction seasons and keep parking spaces for owner operations. Deck C10 - All repair and rehabilitation work constructed during the 2004 construction season: Substantial completion for Deck C10 = August 6, 2004. Deck C7 - All repair and rehabilitation work constructed during the 2005 construction season: Substantial completion for Deck C7 = August 5, 2005.
This project includes a project labor agreement that will be executed between the lowest responsive/responsible bidder and the East Central Illinois Building and Construction Trades Council. A copy of the project labor agreement is included in the project bid documents, General Project Requirements.
Bids for Division II and Division V work will be received up to the hour of 10:00 a.m. prevailing time, on Tuesday, March 16, 2004. Bids for Division I work will be received up to the hour of 2:00 p.m. prevailing time, on Thursday, March 18, 2004. The Owner shall assign the contracts for Contract Divisions II, V Work to the Contract Division I (General Contractor) in accordance with Article 6.2 of the General Conditions. (Refer to Articles 6.2 and 15 of the General Conditions for requirements concerning assignments of contracts.) Submit all proposals to the owner at:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Facilities & Services
1501 S. Oak
Champaign Il 61820
Atten: Jean Ascoli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bids will be received up to the hour of
local time, on
Thursday, March 18, 2004.
Immediately after closing time for receiving bids, they will be opened publicly and read.
A pre-bid conference will be held in Physical Plant Services Building PBSB, Conference Room 128, 1501 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL 61820 at 10:00 a.m. prevailing time on Wednesday, March 3, 2004. Representatives of the owner and the professional services consultant will be present to answer questions regarding the project and bidding procedures. All prospective bidders are urged to attend.
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)