The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois hereby requests qualifications from professional services consultants to provide professional services in connection with the professional services consultant retainer (landscape architecture) project at the Chicago Campus.
The professional services consultant is to provide professional services on an open-ended basis for one fiscal year (ending on June 30 of this fiscal year) with options to renew for up to three additional fiscal year periods (July 1st through June 30th). The professional services consultant must work with all University project specific/system software as required. There is not guarantee of work to be assigned. Projects are generally limited to those with project costs up to $1,000,000 or professional fees up to $100,000. Services shall be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. The University may select multiple consultants from this request. Each consultant selected may be limited to an aggregate of $500,000 in fees per fiscal year. Project types vary widely. A partial list of those types would included academic, office, athletic, student services, student housing, retail, healthcare, research and building infrastructure.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until 4:00 PM, Wednesday November 23, 2005:
Description of Services
The following lists includes some, but not all of the typical services that may be required by the consultant(s) selected:
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
- Site planning studies
- Master plan updates
- Cost estimates
- Planning studies
- Complete landscape architectural services for new/existing site development Projects.
- Services shall be performed independently or in coordination with architects)/engineer(s) retained independently by the University
- Close coordination with the Chicago Campus Capital Programs staff on all projects.
- Renderings and early conceptual design services
- Other related activities
Firms should submit 4) copies of the following: a letter of interest, a copy of its CDB prequalification letter, and a 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and a copy of your current CDB prequalification application. This form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc. Project Contact
John D. Hiltscher
Associate Director, Architectural and Pre-Construction Services
The professional services consultant selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).Minimum Qualifications
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered for selection:
- Prequalified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board, at the time of submittal
- Registered and authorized to do business in the Sate of Illinois
- Able to provide documents in an AutoCad format
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) with a minimum deductible of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000)
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Experience with a range of project types and sizes
- Project team (firm and staff) qualifications
- Firm/staff capacity
- Experience with academic/institutional site development projects
- Proximity to University of Illinois at Chicago Campus
- MAFBE Status of professional services consultant and any consultants
- Experience providing the described services
Sections 12 & 13 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects. References should be provided for the firm and individual team members. Indicate in the letter of interest, the personnel count of the prime firm's parent and branch offices. (This was formerly Section 9 of the CDB SF 255). Use the letter of interest to provide any additional information or description of resources supporting your firm's qualifications. (This was formerly Section 16 of the CDB SF 255 dated 08/02/93)
For additional information, contact:
The University of Illinois at Chicago
(Submitted by Kathe Shinham, State Purchasing Officer.)
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).