University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
KCPA Life Safety Corrections
Consultant: Affiliated Engineers, Inc., Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Friday May 26, 2006
The Krannert Center for Performing Arts project will address outstanding life safety issues in the building identified in previous studies, with work to focus on the fire suppression, fire alarms, emergency lighting and exit signage in priority areas of the building.
Extending existing sprinkler system.
Installing addressable fire alarm voice system.
Installing additional exit signage.
Installing additional emergency lighting.
Project Area: 491,656 GSF
Project Budget: $3,000,000
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday June 16, 2006:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Carl Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-244-5096)
1501 S. Oak Street
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).