University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
RAL - Replace Air Handling Units and Controls
Consultant: KJWW Engineering Consultants, Rock Island, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Friday May 26, 2006
The original Roger Adams Laboratory (RAL) building was constructed in 1948 with a south addition in 1964. The original equipment still serves most of the building systems, is well beyond its life expectancy, and needs replaced. Window air conditioning units and small inefficient A/C units have been added over time to the original building where there was no air conditioning. Most of the original AHUS were heating only systems with return air, even for labs. Other items needing addressed are indoor air quality, lack of adequate make-up air, exhaust air re-entrainment, lack of energy recovery systems, system distribution and control deficiencies. The fume hood exhaust systems generally consist of individual fans on each exhaust duct riser.
This project will first complete a comprehensive plan for phased equipment replacement. This will include evaluating and prioritizing equipment replacement, determining the most efficient solutions to the assorted deficiencies, and an execution plan this is coordinated with the existing building operational requirements. The scope of work will include replacement of existing air handling units and necessary support systems. It is anticipated that there will need to be fume hood exhaust system replacement concurrent with air handling unit replacement to implement an energy recovery system.
Project Area: 280,130 GSF
Project Budget: $5,500,000
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Friday June 16, 2006:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Al Marx (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-265-6325)
1501 South Oak Street
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).