University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Power Plant Engineering Retainer Contract
Consultant: EME, LLC, Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
an amount not to exceed $100,000 in fees per project.
Terms: August 15, 2006 through June 30, 2007, with 1 two-year renewal
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Monday April 17, 2006
The selected consultant will provide professional services on an open-ended work order basis for the year beginning July 14, 2006, and ending June 30, 2007, with options to renew the contract (and provisions for the adjustment of the consultant?s hourly rate schedule in conjunction therewith) for three additional one-year periods.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Tuesday May 2, 2006:
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Edward J. Scopel (email@example.com, 217-244-0522)
1501 S. Oak
Power Plant engineering services required under this contract include, but are not limited to, the engineering analysis, planning, design, cost control, support and administration of the following:
- Industrial coal stoker boiler operation, maintenance, design, instrumentation and control.
- Industrial gas and oil-fired boiler operation, maintenance, design, instrumentation, and control.
- Natural gas turbine, gas turbine heat recovery steam generator operation, maintenance design, instrumentation and control.
- Performance assessment?s emission testing, instrument and control systems, and auxiliary systems operations.
- Electrical distribution systems, switchgear and component operation, system coordination, maintenance, and repair.
- Turbine, engine generator operation, maintenance, and repairs.
- Pressure piping, pressure vessel, valve and pump design, and preventive maintenance techniques.
- Pressure piping and vessel stress analysis.
- Pressure vessel and piping welding procedures and qualifications.
- Water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Solid and hazardous wastes management.
- Environmental studies, monitoring, testing, modeling, and permit assistance.
- Evaluation of changing environmental and regulatory legislation and/or regulations, including recommendations as to their effect on plant operations.
- Economic, reliability, and life cycle cost analysis steam and electric production methods and systems.
- And other improvements and projects at or related to the Abbott Power Plant.
Services will be performed on an as-needed basis during the contract period. However, there is no guarantee that any work will be assigned.
The ability to provide a full range of professional services under the contract is also required; including program analysis, preliminary design, final design (construction documents), procurement (bidding) assistance, construction administration, on-site observation, and post-construction phase services.
The services required for each individual project will be identified on the individual project work order. Project areas, scopes, and budgets will be identified, if and as appropriate, in the respective project work orders initiated under this contract.
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- --Section 8: MAFBE information
- --Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- --Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- --Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 4 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm.
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted.
- Prior experience with projects at the University level.
- Must provide professional liability insurance for a minimum of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000), with a maximum deductible of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000).
- Proven professional capability.
- Appropriate staff size, professional disciplines, and professional/technical supervision.
- Qualifications and experience of designated principal and project manager for all projects under this contract.
- Prior performance on completed projects for the University of Illinois projects.
- Current and projected workload on University of Illinois projects.
- Commitment to provide quality professional services.
- Minority Business Enterprise/Female Business Enterprise status of firm.
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).