University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Parking Deck Parking Lot E14-Feasibility Study
Consultant: Desman, Inc., Chicago, IL
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Thursday November 2, 2006
In order to meet parking demand for faculty/staff and event parking, the campus is considering the construction of a major parking deck on the site of the current shuttle parking lot west of the Assembly Hall. The deck would serve not only the faculty and staff but also event parking for the Assembly Hall and Memorial Stadium; both needs are unmet with existing facilities. It is anticipated that displaced shuttle parking will be accommodated in a new facility to be built further south. The consultant will determine deck size based upon pro-formas he develops; the facility must pay for itself. The consultant will also be asked to determine if retail demand exists sufficient to merit inclusion of retail space on the ground level along First Street. Deliverables include schematics of the deck, probable construction cost estimates, pro formas detailing parking demands and market feasibility and a schematic for a new remote shuttle surface lot.
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Monday November 20, 2006:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Planning, Facilities & Services
Attention: Kevin Duff (email@example.com)
1501 South Oak
Professional Services Consultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter
- A CDB SF 255 form (Section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects)
- A copy of the folllowing sections of your current CDB prequalification application:
- - Section 8: MAFBE information
- - Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- - Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- - Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 6 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc)
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the 0wner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100 mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University level
- Expertise in accessing and documenting parking demand
- Expertise in determining and documenting retail demand
- Expertise in design and construction of parking decks
- Expertise in construction cost estimating
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).