University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Request for Professional Services Qualifications (QBS):
Chilled Water Extension-Lincoln Hall&Newman Cntr
Consultant: Affiliated Engineers, Inc., Madison, WI
Number of Unsuccessful, Responsive Respondents:
Terms: One-time transaction
The University award process may be delayed up to thirty days as this award goes through a state approval process.
Wednesday March 14, 2007
The campus wide central cooling system does not currently serve Lincoln Hall. In order to provide building cooling in conjunction with the upcoming renovation project it will be necessary to extend central chilled water distribution piping to the building. Currently, chilled water piping is routed nearby. Unfortunately, neither the regional chiller plant that serves it nor the overall piping system itself have adequate capacity to serve the additional cooling load that will be generated by this renovation project.
Therefore, it will be necessary to extend new chilled water distribution piping from the campus-wide central chilled water system in order to serve this additional load. The most feasible way to accomplish this is to use a portion of the existing regional piping system in conjunction with the extension of the newer system as the means by which the Lincoln Hall site is reached.
Extend underground 30" chilled water piping from its current termination point in Amory Avenue, near the Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations, eastward to Sixth St. and then northward beyond Chalmers Ave. Connect to existing 30" chilled water piping at that location.
Connect new 10" underground branch piping to existing 14" chilled water piping that runs east-west between Lincoln Hall and the English Building. Extend this piping into Lincoln Hall. Provide connection points in 30' mains along Sixth Street for future branch piping to Newman Hall.
Project Budget: $1,244,760
Construction Budget: $1,095,860
Qualifications and supporting materials will be accepted at the address below until
Thursday March 29, 2007:
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
c/o Planning Division, Facilities & Services
1501 S. Oak Street
Attn: Allen L Marx (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professional Services Constultant Submittal
Firms should submit:
- A letter of interest
- A copy of its CDB prequalification letter and
- A CDB SF 255 form (section 8 should be modified to include additional information of relevant projects) and
- A copy of the following sections of your current CDB prequalification applications:
- Section 8: MAFBE information
- Section 8A: MAFBE certification
- Sections 12 and 13: Prequalification category and supporting work experience
- Disclosure Form B: Including supporting information
For full consideration, interested firms should identify, at the time of submittal, all consultants anticipated to perform a significant role within the proposed team of professional consultants.
The University of Illinois encourages the participation of minority- and female-owned firms and consultants.
Firms should submit 5 packets in hard copy format to the address noted above. (The CDB SF255 form can be found on the CDB website at http://www.cdb.state.il.us/forms/download/255form-03.doc).
The electronic copy of the packet shall be submitted in pdf format, using the following URL to complete and submit the information: http://notes.ocp.uiuc.edu/prism/ocpweb.nsf/projectsuiuc.
The electronic copy should be submitted using the web at the URL listed and should not be submitted via email.
The project will be administered using the owner's web-based project management system. PRZM was developed to maximize the potential of the Internet in allowing project team members to access and exchange project information. PRZM supports team collaboration in management and interaction, as well as team member empowerment on a multi-layer security system.
Minimum PRZM user requirements are as follows:
- Personal Computer: Microprocessor speed of 100mhz or higher, 32Mb RAM, and a monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 pixel resolution.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher is recommended.
- E-mail: PRZM requires the user to have a valid e-mail account.
- Software: At various stages of PRZM, users will be required to attach their documents to PRZM.
- Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) viewer
The following project-related criteria will be used to evaluate the firms requesting consideration for selection:
- Current commitments of proposed staff and firm at the University of Illinois
- Overall design quality of the projects submitted
- Prior experience with projects at the University/College level
- Overall qualifications of the proposed team of individuals and consultants
- Prior experience with project of similar scope, size and level of complexity.
- MAFBE Participation
Only those firms which meet the following qualifications will be considered:
- Licensed to practice as an architect, landscape architect, or engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Pre-qualified with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board.
- Registered and authorized to do business in the State of Illinois.
- Utilize an AutoCAD compatible system to provide documents.
Selection will be consistent with the Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Qualifications Based Selection Act (30 ILCS 535/1).